Ohio is a unique state when it comes to divorce laws. Unlike in other states, divorce and dissolution of marriage are different here. If you and your spouse can sort all key matters amicably without going to court, you will file for a dissolution of marriage. A dissolution of marriage ends a marriage legally, but doesn’t have as many complications. The process can be completed sooner and is less expensive. This is a version of “uncontested divorce”. However, if two people cannot agree on the important issues, or there is adultery, abandonment, or other grounds involved, the couple can file for divorce. When both spouses don’t want the same things, a divorce is the only option. If you are looking for a Delaware high asset divorce lawyer, here are some things to know.
- Insist on a personal meeting. Ask the attorney or call the firm for a meeting. You need to know your rights and legal options, and a divorce lawyer can share an overview based on available facts and evidence. Don’t hire a lawyer because you liked their voice on the phone.
- Watch out for communication. Did the lawyer take time to evaluate your case? Were they in a hurry to wrap their talk? Did you have a hard time getting an appointment? Consider the answers and select a lawyer accordingly.
- Look for detailed experience. High-asset divorces are often lengthy and intricate. You need an attorney who has a certain kind of experience in handling such cases. Ask the attorney if they have worked on cases that are similar to yours.
- Consider the lawyer’s attitude. Family lawyers need to finely balance their approach to a case. While some cases need a certain level of aggression, most family law matters can be resolved through mediation, negotiation, and discussion. It is best to look for an attorney who isn’t overly aggressive.
- Ask about the price in advance. Unlike personal injury attorneys, who charge a contingency fee, family attorneys usually charge a flat fee or an hourly rate. While it can be hard to give a final price right away, get an estimated overview of the expenses involved and the lawyer’s fee.
Get an attorney as soon as you need legal advice. Hiring a family lawyer with the right level of aggression will help defend your rights and protect your causes. Just review a lawyer’s profile before you hire them.
moon chalice Most Popular Blog News Site 2023