Class 10 CBSE Board Examinations are a crucial part of a student’s life. Students experience the board exam in Class 10 for the first time. It may sound surprising but, it is easy to score good marks in Class 10 with a decent amount of effort and hard work. Scoring good marks in Class 10 examinations establishes many options to choose a suitable career in future by picking any particular stream- Science, Commerce and Humanities. It is, therefore, crucial to get a decent percentage if you want to meet the eligibility criteria for the Science stream.
Many students who wish to opt for Science in Classes 11th and 12th need to put in extraordinary efforts in Class 10 CBSE Board exam preparation because Science demands top-notch performance in boards. A majority of students wish to get more than 90 per cent in Class 10. Achieving this target requires rigorous hard work and dedication. But, as it is said, nothing is impossible if you proceed with the right mindset and approach. If you want to get good results in Class 10 exams, this article will help you fulfil this dream. You must consider the following tips when you start the preparation for Class 10 Boards:
- Go through the Syllabus provided by CBSE for Class 10 Board examinations. It is a well-known fact that the Class 10 board exam is purely NCERT based. Other sources must be used for reference, to build up additional knowledge but it is important to stick to the syllabus as far as the overall preparation for the exams is concerned. You must devote your time and attention to a thorough reading of the NCERT textbooks instead of wasting time and energy upon gaining additional knowledge from reference books. Utilize the same time in brushing up the basic concepts because it is the knowledge of the fundamentals behind any topic that will help you score good marks in the exams.
- Consult your Teachers and Clear your doubts. Every student has a different level of attention, thought process and understanding. You may require some more time to grasp the concepts than others. It is a normal situation. It is important to clarify all your doubts regarding any topic in a subject with your teachers. Your teachers will guide you in the right direction because of their experience and expertise in the subject. So, you must discuss your doubts and queries extensively with your teachers.
- Go through your notes regularly. It is not only important to make notes on each topic, but edit and update your notes frequently. Making your notes on the topics will strengthen your level of understanding and develop a habit of going through the textbooks and reading material regularly. It is vital to note that the number of hours you devote to study has no significant effect on your performance. What matters is your commitment to studying. Even though you study two hours a day but, you should devote those specific hours with proper concentration and thoughtfulness. It is not the quantity but the quality of work that counts. The revision from notes will become easy and less hectic when less time remains for the examination. Moreover, it is easy to retain meaningful points rather than understanding long paragraphs, specifically during a lack of time.
- Eliminate the sources of interruption. When you are preparing for the Class 10 Board examination, it is necessary to dispose of every possible source of distraction that cripples the bracket of concentration. There are a lot of sources of disturbance that diverge and minimize your attention span. And the most amusing part is that you won’t even notice how much time you’ve wasted unless it becomes too late. For example, if you watch an educational video related to the course, you are just a click away from losing your focus. Controlling the temptation to rest and remain in the comfort zone should be dodged every time. So, it is vital to cut off any and every distraction from your path.
- Practice the Sample Papers and PYQs extensively. Practising previous year question papers alongside the model test papers for each subject will be very helpful in your preparation. You should check out the CBSE Class 10 PYQP here. Sample papers are available for every subject and there are sufficient resources to access them online too. Your dedication and willingness to work towards achieving your goal will assist in securing a great percentage in CBSE Class 10 examinations. You should ideally practice the question papers of the last 5 years at least. It is up to your understanding to practice more if you want. Practice is only going to help you after all.
- Take short breaks at regular intervals to ensure that your focus remains unaltered and you start with a fresh mind every time you deal with a new concept or topic because the ability to absorb crucial information becomes possible when you are calm and peaceful. It is important to remain composed to tackle the problems more precisely. Understanding the difficult topics becomes easy when you dedicate the necessary time and focus to understanding the concept rather than mindless rote learning.
It is essential to adopt the tips discussed above for scoring good marks in the class 10 CBSE board examination. It is not very difficult to get a decent percentage in Class 10 but students neglect the importance of languages – Hindi as well as English because they can affect your overall result unexpectedly. They can either boost your percentage or vice versa. You cannot afford to skip devoting adequate attention to these subjects. A small choice, taken without reconsideration can jeopardize your whole efforts.
Scoring more than 90% is not everyone’s cup of tea. But, an effective balance of hard work and perseverance can work wonderfully in your favour. Practice the calculations, chemical reactions, equations and problems for Physics, Chemistry and Maths respectively. Try to understand the text in-depth, for the languages. Last, but not least, ensure that you attempt the exam in time. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams!!