What does the Mass Communication course entail?
Mass media & communication course equips students with the necessary competencies to analyze the target audience, accordingly, create a messaging and then explore relevant media vehicles such as print, electronic and digital, etc. that needs to be employed for communicating this messaging to the appropriate target audience. Furthermore, the students also learn moral as well as political impact; media can have on the world. In a way, they are offered competencies in not only identifying stories as well as ways to uncover the truth but also on how to sharpen their writing & communication skills to communicate their point of view as well as ways to package and present hard-hitting stories to garner maximum eyeballs.
Mass communication is multi-disciplinaryand offers opportunities in diverse fields likeJournalism, Radio Programming, Media planning, Media Marketing,Media buying, Content Production for TV /Radio/Digital, Advertising,Public Relations,Digital Communications, Event Management, Graphic Designing, and Broadcast Media,etc.
- The student must have completed his 10+2 from a recognised board in any discipline.
- The eligible candidates are required to give an entrance exam. Students gaining the cutoff marks in the entrance exam must undergo a group discussion round followed by an interview. Only students who clear all the 3 rounds are eligible for admissions in Mass media colleges.
- Sublime communication skills with excellent writing capabilities
- Good networking & interpersonal skills
- Capable of working under pressure
- Capable of analytical reasoning
- Problem-Solving skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Self-Promotion to highlight ones work
- Outgoing personality
- Problem Solving approach to life
- The financial capital of India, Mumbai is the hub to lots of industries catering to both domestic and international markets.
- Mumbai has lots of corporate offices and startups
- Being a center for performing arts, Mumbai is a hub of the entertainment industry
- Major events as well as product launches have to happen in Mumbai to catch the right eyeballs
Thus, Mumbai offers immense opportunities in terms of exposure to students graduating from the Mass Media Communication Course.
Mass Media Communication Course:
While theirnumerous colleges offer Mass Media Communication Course, students must deliberate on the following points while selecting the right college:
- Certification from Nationally as well as internationally recognised colleges.
- College must ensure that students must get comprehensive training in varied aspects by industry professionals so that they can have apt career opportunities in the entertainment industry be it OTT, film, TV, music, digital media, etc.
- College must facilitate international internships through tie-ups with International film festivals.
- The curriculum must ensure international exposure for students through international exchange programs.
- College must offer students an opportunity to complete their final year of study withan international university. This will give them the international perspective.
- Through cross-disciplinary electives, the college must equip studentswith competencies in diverse subjects
- The curriculum must offer students with capabilities in content production for print, digital as well as electronic media.
- The college must ensure Individual professional mentors assist as well as guide students in their research as well as in the professional world.