Certifications are an excellent approach to demonstrate your expertise in a particular field and your dedication and enthusiasm for the subject. Several giant tech companies such as Google, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Microsoft offer certifications to educate consumers on using their tools and services correctly.
Besides knowledge sharing, DevOps certification is a terrific platform to connect new developers and businesses to their platform. DevOps seems to be the only philosophy on LinkedIn’s list of roles with the highest job postings in February 2021. The most in-demand developer job title for 2021 is “DevOps Engineer.” Also, according to the same report, 43 percent of job applicants have trouble filling DevOps roles.
DevOps Online training, best DevOps books, and free online courses can help you learn more about DevOps. Thousands of developers rely on these resources since industry experts built them.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a collection of techniques, methods, and beliefs utilized to boost efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity. It is an abbreviation for the combination of Development and Operations, which supports collaborative application development and IT operations. It is used to improve an organization’s ability to deliver services and applications more quickly. It has been found that DevOps adoption was at 66 percent in 2015, and that number climbed dramatically to 74 percent in 2016.
Top 5 DevOps certifications in 2021:
Choose one that opens up a world of career prospects and makes it possible for you to walk away with a huge paycheck at the end of each month.
- Docker Certified Associate – Docker skills are in high demand in the IT industry. Enterprise-ready container platform allows enterprises to build, share, and operate any application anywhere. It will test docker skill sets with real-world questions.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator – The CKA exam was designed by the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. You’ll cover the basics of maintaining a Kubernetes cluster and how to develop your own from the start. There will also be a discussion of other network configuration, deployment, pod scheduling, and logging techniques. This exam is one of the most crucial when it comes to certifying your Kubernetes skills. The course is designed to have practical knowledge, and there are plenty of lab practices involved in the curriculum. The exam is based on solving labs instead of answering questions.
- Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert – Course objectives include hands-on experience with Azure Certified DevOps Engineer technologies and tools, as well as knowledge of Agile and DevOps processes. They are responsible for combining people, processes, and technology to continually provide goods and services that fulfill end-user goals and corporate objectives. Because it is a role-based certification, Microsoft Certified DevOps Engineer Expert training and certification prove that you have the adequate knowledge and abilities to work as an Azure DevOps Engineer.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – The AWS cloud offers various certifications aimed at professionals with different roles and responsibilities. Test your technical abilities and competence in operating and managing distributed systems and applications on the AWS platform with the AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification exam. The candidate must thoroughly understand the development and operational processes and methods to pass this exam. Additionally, they must have earned valuable experience in the administration of operating systems and creating automated infrastructures.
- Google’s Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer – This is one of Google’s most popular certifications. While in the course, you will learn how to establish and manage reliable development operations with improved software delivery and performance of the services. The final certification exam will test your ability to apply reliable engineering principles when building and managing CI/CD pipelines.
Starting a DevOps career: What skills are required?
Like many other jobs, DevOps has a set of fundamental abilities that you should have to get started. Understanding this aspect is crucial while choosing a career path. It is easier to get started if you already have some of the necessary skills. Consider an alternative way if you find that one of these abilities isn’t your thing.
- People skills: DevOps is heavily reliant on collaboration and breaking down silos. A good DevOps professional should be a good communicator and collaborator, as well as a good developer.
- A scripting language: As a DevOps professional, you’ll need programming and scripting skills. To get started, you should have at least basic knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Automated build/test: Many DevOps professions revolve around automating pipelines. Ensure you’re familiar with the basic concepts and a few popular tools before beginning your quest.
- Containerization: In general, Container and Docker have become significant elements of how software is deployed. Containers and container management should be familiar to you as a DevOps professional.
- Version control and source code management: Most start with the source code when automating processes. At the very least, familiarise yourself with basic git commands and version control basics. As for tools, platforms such as GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket are often used.
- Configuration management: As part of DevOps, the concept of infrastructure as code has become increasingly prevalent. According to the theory, you can eliminate errors and enable automation by controlling your infrastructure like you do your code. Examples of popular configuration management tools include Ansible, Puppet, and Terraform.
- Basic networking: In a pipeline, computer networks allow all the tools and platforms to communicate. Understanding how IP addresses, DHCP, DNS, and HTTP(S) function is a vital DevOps skill to have.
Globally, DevOps is considered the next stage of technological innovation. This industry is constantly evolving, so you must stay on top of the competition. These are handpicked credentials that might be pretty beneficial if you’re passionate about learning DevOps and devoted to doing so. Finding the most appropriate certification to start with can be a challenge in an organization with many certifications.
Take the test and get certified. Remember that not every credential has the exact requirements and reputation in the industry. It is necessary for certifying bodies to recognize and validate DevOps credentials. The certifications above are indeed worth your time and money.