The introduction of 5G services in the telecom sector is growing interested in the creation and management of Smart Cities. 5G has high-speed connectivity, low latency, better battery life, and the ability to handle a massive number of connections which are the responsible factors playing a pivotal role in the evolution of Smart Cities.
Smart cities involve many connected devices (traffic cameras, parking garage sensors, utility meters, public vehicles, etc.) that can generate large quantities of data, and such things can be managed well with 5G to improve transparency and efficiency within the city’s infrastructure. A variety of smart city use cases, such as education, healthcare, transportation, public safety, security, etc., can be enhanced by using 5G services. Furthermore, the possibilities for new revenue generation will expand when 5G is combined with new software, such as Artificial Intelligence services, and new hardware, such as robots and drones. So, now let us see how cities use 5G along with User-friendly 4G Tester, 4G LTE Tester, 4G Network Tester and VOLTE Testing tools & Equipment and User-friendly Best wireless site survey software, site survey tools for wireless networks & Wifi site survey software app in detail.
Why 5G for smart cities?
- 5G is the fastest, most robust technologies, which means that not only benefit quicker downloads but also offer richer immersive experiences that have a massive impact on smart city.
- 5G can gather data to connect activities from traffic to energy to garbage, which will improve quality of life, and services, thus making a city smart. This will make businesses more efficient and give consumers access to more information faster than before.
- 5G has an exponentially higher rate than current networks as the technology is designed to connect virtually everyone and everything together, including machines, objects, and devices.
- 5G boasts increased speed (up to 10 gigabytes per second), lower latency, higher performance, improved efficiency, and better reliability, which can empower the user experiences and connections integral to the smart city vision.
- 5G offers stronger end-to-end security that is beneficial to protecting city infrastructure, managing operations from cyberattacks and protecting the personal data as well as privacy of citizens.
Here are some areas where cities using 5G –
Most public transportation sensors with a 5G network can monitor the physical position of public transport, such as trains and buses. So to enable autonomous public transportation, several automakers are now adopting 5G, which will provide vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications.
Smart buildings present many developments with several applications, in those cases, 5G can be considered. For example, with 5G, smart building will be benefitted as temperature sensors installed in the building can measure heat consumption rely on Wi-Fi connectivity.
Citizen services are other aspects that will considerably benefit from using 5G services. 5G with its ultra-fast mobile connectivity, which will bring much more advantages to industries, for example- using 5G-enabled telemedicine in healthcare could reduce patient visit to the stores or healthcare centres, and it will also provide benefits to those patients in remote areas in terms of saving a significant amount of time and money on travel costs.
Though several homes already have connected devices with 5G, the opportunities will grow exponentially with 5G due to its higher speeds, lower latency, and increased capacity, which means there are positive implications for smart homes. For example, cameras, video doorbells, and motion sensors are some of the 5G-connected security devices that adopt smart homes that will provide better home security and greater neighborhood safety.
In the coming year, MNOs will use 5G services to make the city smart and to enhance Smart City services. With the combination of high bandwidth, low latency, and processing massive numbers of connected devices, 5G will enable many more services to be created, when it comes to smart cities. And in those cases, the importance of network testing and monitoring will play a foremost role as service providers and mobile network operators will need to maintain stable network connectivity on their customers’ side. In that case, RantCell will help you out be it 6G network testing, indoor/walk testing, drive testing, cell tower QoE monitoring, crowdsourcing mobile network testing, video streaming, and much more.