Energy consumption is increasing continuously in today’s world, and it is a well-known fact that the pressure on conventional energy resources is increasing. Traditional energy resources like coal and fossil fuels are, as the world knows, in limited quantities on this earth and can get extinct at any point in time. So there has been a continuous need felt by the world to switch to a renewable energy resource that can be used in the long term. Solar energy is one of those renewable energy resources that can be relied upon for long-term usage, which can be accomplished by using commercial solar panels to fulfill present and future requirements.
What is solar energy?
Solar energy is a method to harness sunlight for various purposes. Sunlight can be used as a source of energy and is one of the most accessible materials available in most parts of the world to create energy. There are mainly two types to convert solar energy into electric energy that are
- Photovoltaics converts sunlight into electrical energy with the help of semiconducting materials that exhibit the photovoltaic effect. The photovoltaic effect is a phenomenon in which electric current and voltage can be generated upon exposing the material to light.
- Concentrated Solar Power – In this method, lenses/mirrors and solar tracking systems concentrate a large area of sunlight into a small beam. This beam is a heat source for conventional power plants like thermal power plants. This beam of heat is used as the heat source to convert it into steam which is further used for rotating the turbines in these power plants.
Commercial Solar Panels
Commercial Solar Panels are an arrangement of photovoltaic solar panels used to transform sunlight in the form of heat energy and light energy into electric power. These solar panels are constructed by combining multiple solar cells made up of silicon, making a positive layer and a negative layer, creating a magnetic field. Using multiple photovoltaic solar panels to create a large array to generate more electrical energy is known as commercial solar panels.
Panels can be used anywhere in the world where there is a good amount of sunlight which will help harness the sunlight into electric energy. Some places in the world where solar panels can be very beneficial as energy resources are like middle-east countries like Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, etc., and tropical countries like India.
Benefits of commercial solar panels:
There are multiple benefits of these commercial solar panels, some of which are:
- Solar panels have an excellent lifespan ranging from 15-20 years, so there is no issue with buying new solar panels very frequently in a few months or years.
- They require significantly less post-installation, so the maintenance cost is much less than other sources.
- Commercial solar panels are straightforward because they can be installed in open locations and do not require specific storage places and equipment.
- The energy produced by the solar panels during the daytime can also be used at night time by storing and later harnessing the electricity.
- Besides being pocket-friendly on the individual level, solar panels are also environmentally friendly. There are no harmful by-products of the solar panels which will cause damage to the environment.