Key knob or lever consists of various parts The home builder company บริษัทรับสร้างบ้าน uses it for opening-closing and locking doors in one set, including knobs, cover plates, and locking mechanisms. The main types of knobs and levers are commonly used, so check with the manufacturer for more details on dimensions, design and installation. as well as different behaviors
- Spaced 3⁄8″ (10)
- 3″ (75) is the minimum width of the face used for framing the door leaf for lever-mount installation and 4″ (100) for key-knob mounting.
- The drilling distance from the edge of the door leaf to the diameter of the knob or lever.
Embedded lock knob without handle
- Embedded lock knob. The knob is embedded within the thickness of the door frame.
- It will appear only in front of the keyhole key. The knob set has a locking mechanism without a handle.
- The distance from the edge is 2½” (64) for a door with a thickness of 13⁄8″ (35) and 2¾” (70) for a door with a thickness of 1¾” (45).
- Round or square keyboard cover.
- Knob diameter 2″ to 2¼” (51 to 57)
- Knob surface protrusion 2¼” to 2½” (57 to 64)
Knob type with embedded lock
- The mechanism of the embedded locking system is contained within a rectangular box attached to each other by cutting the edge of the door leaf as shown in the figure.
- The knob is attached to the door leaf by drilling holes for mounting.
- Knob type with embedded lock. There will be both embedded locks and knobs together. make it convenient and economical
- The drilling distance from the door edge is 23/” (70) for the recessed lock section and 21/” (57) for the knob (center) section.
- Lever surface protrusion 1¾” to 2½” (45 to 64).
- Lever length 3½” to 4½” (90 to 115)
- Install the key knob. By drilling two holes perpendicular to each other as shown on the door frame.
- Key knobs are less expensive and easier to install compared to other designs.
- Drilling distance from rim is 23⁄8″ (60) for simple knobs and 2¾” (70) for heavy duty knobs.
- Height 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″ (255, 305, 355, 405)
- Width 3″ (75)
- Key caps are available in both circular and square designs. for decorative cover to make it beautiful
- The built-in twist keyhole cover is available in a variety of configurations.
- The lever type has a U-shaped handle that makes it easier for people with disabilities to grip.
Dead handle and push plate
Recommendations for choosing a knob or lever handle according to the ADA standards.
- Both the handle, the bolt and the lock should be easy to grip. No need to force your fingertips or twist your wrist too much.
- It may be compared that the device used to hold, push or pull when opening the door should be within a threshold of 5.0 Ib. (22.2 N).
- The axis of the hinge for the home building รับสร้างบ้าน may be removed if the door leaf is removed from the jamb, so some hinges have a built-in axis lock system. To ensure that the core is not removed when the door is closed
.• 5⁄16″ (8) for doors up to 21/4″ (57) thick.
- 7⁄16″ (11) for doors thicker than 21/”(57).
- ¾” (6) for doors up to 214″ (57),
- 3⁄8″ (10) for doors thicker than 21/4″ (57).
- The distance of the back and side jambs should be checked when the door leaf is fully opened.
Size of the hinge
- The width of the hinge can be determined from the thickness of the door leaf. and the distance behind the transom
- Hinge height can be determined from the width and thickness of the door leaf
butt-type hinge It consists of two leaflets folded back and forth with the two axis fixed together. There is a plate attached to the side of the door leaf. and another plate is fixed to the transom with a self-tapping screw. There are several types of butt-to-butt hinge installations as follows:
- Notched type on the door edge face and on the transom face equal to the thickness of the hinge plate. When the installation is complete, the hinge face will always be level with the door frame and the door frame.
- Use hinges on both wings that have not yet been drilled. but will drill holes while installing to match the holes of the house and the elephant frame of the iron door that were made before And will use hinges on the wings to drill holes and screws into the wooden door and door frame.
- Notched type on the edge of the door. but not notch on the face of the transom
- Notched-grooved form on the transom edge. but not notch on the front edge of the door
- No notch on any door edge and door frame.
Special hinges for specific purposes
- Projected type, shaped like a T-shape, with arms extending the hinge plate from the pivot point. to keep the door leaf away from the edge when it is opened
- Single chimney There will be a single rotating shaft of each hinge piece.
- Spring type has a coil spring inside the shaft of the shaft. To force the door to be pulled and closed automatically, often used with two-way open-close doors.
- The piano hinge has an elongated shape. It is usually installed along the length of the door leaf and side frame.
- Hidden type consists of several metal plates stacked in a series. Each set rotates around the same spindle in the center. When the door is closed, no part of the hinge is visible at all.
- Embedded type is embedded in the floor. Usually used with two-way opening-closing doors. And there may be an automatic door closing shock device as well.
Equipment for the door
There are several types of door fittings:
- Locks include different types of doors locking kits such as door locks.
- Shock absorber pulls the door back.
- Emergency door device
- Anti-kick pads
- Shutter protectors
- Waterproof and weather-proof eyebrows or lines.
- Slide rail set
- Plates or levers for pushing and pulling the door leaf.
Factors in choosing equipment for doors
- Functionality and ease of purpose and use.
- The area for installation and the thickness that must be drilled into the device.
- Type, texture, color and coating material of door fittings.
- Tolerance of usage. as well as water, weather or corrosion
Installation location of the door device
- The center of the installation location of the latch lock.
- The center of the position of the bolt and the dowel bolt.
- The center of the handlebar position.
- The center of the key knob or lever position.
- However, these locations should be tailored to the needs of local users.
Recommendations for ADA Compliant Devices
- Door handles, dowel bolts and locks should be easy and convenient to handle. without using force in any way or a pattern that is difficult to move in the fingertips, hands and wrists
- The device should be placed within the user’s reach.
Identifying the direction of opening-closing the door
Identifying the direction of opening-closing the door looks like the picture above. It is a standard that building designers should use to define and communicate. All of these will be installed on the right side or on the slow side. Consider looking from the outside of the building to the inside. and outside the room to the inside of the room